We are proud to announce that Dawn Krause, who provides research and procurement support to the department, is the winner of the 2016 Dean's Award for Support Staff of the Year. According to the dean's office, the Dean’s Awards Program recognizes medical school faculty and staff who demonstrate exceptional accomplishment in the areas of teaching, research, clinical care, community service, innovation and administration. They will be honored November 15 at the annual Faculty and Staff Awards Dinner.
Carol Bowen, Dawn's supervisor in PM&R, had this to say: "As her supervisor, I’m proud of her and proud to have her serve the PM&R Department. In addition to Dawn’s amazing support to so many in the department, she also puts energy into helping the community, especially those families who have a child with a disability."
Carol received several letters of support for Dawn’s nomination. Below are just a few of the comments:
- Excellent rapport with faculty, staff and outside vendors
- Consistently thorough, timely and extremely reliable
- Thirsty for knowledge and looking for new challenges
- Understands and embraces the Michigan Difference
- A problem-solver who takes on challenges with a can-do positive attitude
- Seems to always try to make things easier for the people she is supporting
- Her ability to go beyond her job expectations and to advocate the way she does is exceptional