Among the noted highlights of our program:
• A very involved and dedicated Medical Director – something that is not common among other programs
• Our state of the art computer therapy lab and one of a kind adaptive gaming program
• The amount of nurses who have achieved CRRN certification
• Having Therapeutic Recreation as a core component of care – the reviewer was so glad to see this!
• Hosting an annual picnic for current and past patients
• Nursing’s mobility program – the reviewer suggested that we submit this to the Joint Commission’s “Leading Practice Library” of best practices
• Our multiple modalities of providing patients with stroke education
• Evidenced commitment to ongoing stroke education for all staff
The Stroke Rehabilitation Program will be up for review again in early Spring 2021. If you have any questions or feedback about the program, please feel free to reach out to any of the program’s leads:
Ted Claflin, MD: Stroke Rehabilitation Medical Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Ferguson, ORTL: Stroke Rehabilitation Program Manager – email@example.com
Christy Richard, BSN RN: Stroke Rehabilitation Nurse Liaison – firstname.lastname@example.org
Alison Spork, MHSA: Stroke Rehabilitation Program Administrative Lead – email@example.com
THANK YOU again for all of your dedication and efforts toward creating such a great program for our stroke rehab patients. Great job team!