More, now than ever, medical and health professionals are encouraging exercise for overweight patients in an effort to reverse the health and functional risks associated with obesity. If you're looking to lose significant weight or you are preparing for bariatric surgery or have had surgery, you can benefit greatly by starting an exercise program under the supervision of a qualified Exercise Specialist. Whether you're an individual with little to no exercise experience, lack motivation, or simply need continuous support and encouragement, then our WMB Conditioning Program may be right for you!
Our objective is to help you start an exercise program in a safe and effective manner, help you gain muscle and lose fat whether you choose to exercise at home, join a gym or continue at our facility. The program emphasizes a mix of strength training and cardiovascular exercise to increase and maintain muscle while improving your resting metabolism. Our staff provide a supportive and fun exercise environment to help you reach your weight loss and fitness goals!
Other Program Benefits
In addition to the physical benefits of participation in the program, you may experience other benefits including:
• Improved mood and quality of life
• Enhanced body image
• Improved sense of control
• Improved sleep
• Increased energy and stamina
• Reduced stress
Your physician’s permission/clearance for exercise is required prior to participation in the program. Have your physician fax an exercise clearance letter to our facility to the attention of Britt Michel at 734-763-3715 or bring the letter to your first appointment.
• Exercise consultation with a degreed exercise specialist to assist you in establishing goals, review your health history and answer any questions you may have prior to starting the program.
• 8 weeks of supervised exercise sessions with on-going instruction in strength, cardiovascular, flexibility, balance and functional exercises. New students are accepted on a rolling-enrollment basis. Supervised program hours: 3-7 pm, Monday -Thursday and Friday, 3-6 pm.
• Fitness assessments will be performed before and after the 8 week program to evaluate your progress.
• Orientation to state-of-the-art exercise equipment and techniques for the gym to ensure that you have the best tools and knowledge to achieve your goals.
• Additional access to the studio during all open gym hours — ask staff for specific hours.
• Continuous support from your instructors and lots of FUN working with others towards a common goal!
• WMB Conditioning Program: $199
We do not bill insurances for this class. Ask your flexible spending program if this is something they cover.
• BODPOD Test: $80
A safe, fast and very accurate test to assess your body composition and optimal caloric requirements. We highly recommend this test!
• WMB Maintenance Program: $125 for 8 weeks
Graduates of WMB Conditioning program may continue exercising in our WMB Maintenance Program which occurs at the same time as the supervised WMB Conditioning Program. You may also become a member of our facility and attend during our posted open gym hours. See our staff for details.
Transitions Training Studio
325 East Eisenhower Parkway
Garden Level, Suite 12
Ann Arbor, MI 48108