Areas of Interest
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Maintenance ECT
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Depression
- ECT in geriatric patients
- Use of Ketamine for Resistant Depression
Dr. Daniel Maixner was quoted discussing the limitations of a recent study on ECT and highlighting its potential areas for improvement.
For Christina and many others, ECT is the only treatment that brings relief, and saves her life.
Survey of 20 centers nationwide reveals impacts of reduced services.
After two other depression treatment options fail to give relief, a new analysis suggests patients and providers may want to look to electroconvulsive therapy.
- University of Michigan, Psychiatry Residency, 1992-96
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, M.D., 1988-92
- University of Nebraska, B.A., 1984-88