Areas of Interest
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Maintenance ECT
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Depression
- ECT in geriatric patients
- Use of Ketamine for Resistant Depression
May 26, 2023
Ketamine Shows Promise for Hard-to-Treat Depression in New Study
Dr. Daniel Maixner was quoted discussing the limitations of a recent study on ECT and highlighting its potential areas for improvement.
June 17, 2021
Electroconvulsive therapy: Peeling back the mystery
For Christina and many others, ECT is the only treatment that brings relief, and saves her life.
May 27, 2021
Pandemic Shows Essential Role of ECT Treatment for Severe Depression
Survey of 20 centers nationwide reveals impacts of reduced services.
May 9, 2018
ECT Emerges as Cost-Effective for Treatment-Resistant Depression
After two other depression treatment options fail to give relief, a new analysis suggests patients and providers may want to look to electroconvulsive therapy.
- University of Michigan, Psychiatry Residency, 1992-96
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, M.D., 1988-92
- University of Nebraska, B.A., 1984-88