- For US and Canadian medical school graduates, applicants must be a graduate of medical school accredited by the LCME.
- For U.S. osteopathic medical school graduates, the applicant must be a graduate of a medical school that has been accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). The list may be found here.
- For non-U.S. or Canadian medical school graduates, the applicant must be a graduate of a college/university found on the Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California list posted on the Michigan Medicine website; affiliation with a school on the approved list is not sufficient. The list may be found here.
Successfully completed an ACGME-accredited general residency psychiatry program or a general psychiatry program in Canada accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. We are not currently accepting ACGME-I applicants or applicants under ACGME exception criteria.
- Must be eligible for full medical licensure by the State of Michigan.
- Must provide documentation that they have passed all parts of the appropriate examination: USMLE Steps 1 and Step 2 CK (allopathic medical school), COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 (osteopathic medical school), or MCCQE Part 1 and Part 2 (Canadian medical school)
Non-United States citizens are required to have any of the following:
- J-1 visa sponsored by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and must be eligible to renew the J-1 for the length of the UMH GME training program
- a valid Permanent Resident (Green Card) status