Edward Jouney, D.O., M.S. is a Clinical Assistant Professor and staff Psychiatrist at UMATS and UM Back and Pain Center. He is consulting Psychiatrist at the UM High-Risk OB Clinic, and has successfully trained in Addiction Psychiatry at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Jouney received his D.O. degree at Michigan State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed residency training in Psychiatry at the University of Michigan. He is a member of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry. Dr. Jouney serves on the University of Michigan Health System Controlled Substance Quality Improvement Committee.
Areas of Interest
- Addiction treatment during pregnancy (collaborative care with Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- Chronic pain management with co-occurring substance use disorders
- Substance use disorders in the healthcare professional
- Opioid and benzodiazepine detoxification
- Medical student education
- D.O., Michigan State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Psychiatry Residency, University of Michigan (2003 - 2007)
- Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship, University of Michigan (2010 - 2011)