Interventional psychiatry is an emerging field of psychiatry that utilizes procedural-based treatments to alleviate mental distress, often when traditional pharmacologic and psychotherapeutic treatments have failed. Many interventional approaches aim to identify and then correct dysfunctional brain circuits.
This event will highlight and educate about Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT), Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), and Ketamine Infusion Therapy. We’ll also touch on how neuromodulation can be used to improve memory and thinking with age - using non-pharmacological options to change the brain.
- Dr. Steve Taylor will talk about TMS
- Dr. Shami Entenman will present on ECT
- Dr. Sagar Parikh will speak about Ketamine
- Dr. Ben Hampstead will discuss brain stimulation to slow cognitive decline
- ECT patient Heather S. will share her story
- ECT: The final (essential) option
- Electroconvulsive therapy: Peeling back the mystery
- Video: ECT: Disrupting the Stigma Around An Essential Treatment Option
- Our Ketamine Clinic
- Ketamine Infusion Therapy brochure
- Listening to Ketamine
- Depression: Finding What Works for You
Brain stimulation to slow cognitive decline: