Howard Markel, M.D., Ph.D.
Areas of Interest
- Substance Abuse
- History of Addiction and Substance Abuse in the U.S.
- History of Children and Pediatrics in the U.S.
- History of Epidemics and Public Health in the U.S., with particular attention to immigration and American urban history
- History of Genetics in the U.S.
- Ph.D. (History of Science, Medicine and Technology), The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, 1989-1994
- M.D. (cum laude), University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1982-1986
- A.B. (summa cum laude in English Literature), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1978-1982