Topic: COVID, kids and mental health.
The panel was moderated by University of Michigan’s Dr. Eva Feldman, the Russell N. DeJong Professor of Neurology, ALS Center of Excellence Director and NeuroNetwork for Emerging Therapies Director. Other panelists included Dr. Sheila Marcus, a child and adolescent psychiatrist; Dr. Katherine Rosenblum, a professor of psychiatry and co-director of Zero to Thrive; and Dr. Suzanne Dawid, a pediatric infectious diseases specialist. They addressed the following questions:
- Is it safe for my kids to return to school?
- Are young kids really the ones spreading COVID-19?
- Will our kids be behind if they are learning from home or virtual school?
- How do we handle their meltdowns?
- How do you know if your child is depressed or anxious?
- What will too much screen time do to them?
Resources for families and kids:
Zero to Thrive Resources
American Academy of Pediatrics Corona Virus Resources
Georgie and the Giant Germ Coloring Book
DOWNLOAD FREE HERE