Our mission is to transform aging through innovative multidisciplinary mental health and dementia education, advocacy, clinical care and research to maximize the quality of life for patients, families and their communities.
In support of this mission, the most critical functions we perform are:
- Delivering patient centered medical care which meets the needs of patients and their families and serves as a model for geriatric psychiatry education and research.
- Training the next generation of leaders in geriatric psychiatry through the provision of quality geriatric psychiatry education across the continuum of medical education.
- Conducting original research which advances the knowledge base of the specialty and improves the quality of care delivered.
- Enhancing faculty skills and careers consistent with individual and department needs.
- Educating on the particular needs of our aging population