Local Support Groups
- Family-2-Family Educational Program - Family 2 Family is a 12-week program that helps family members with an ill loved-ones, offered by National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI), the University of Michigan, Community Support and Treatment Services (CSTS), the local Community Mental Health agency, and the Veterans Hospital of Ann Arbor.
- Current NAMI support programs in Michigan
Online Support Groups
- StrengthofUs.org - An online social community for teens and young adults living with mental illness
- NAMI online groups
Education, Information, & News
- Schizophrenia, A detailed booklet that describes symptoms, causes, and treatments, with information on getting help and coping, created by National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- About the First Episodes of Psychosis, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- Which Way Madness Lies: Can Psychosis be Prevented? by Rachel Aviv
- Rethinking Schizophrenia, by Thomas R. Insel, M.D.
- Recent Science News about Schizophrenia, NIMH
- Regulating Glutamate May Help Early Detection of Schizophrenia, Study Finds, NAMI
- Scientists Can Predict Psychotic Illness in up to 80 Percent of High-Risk Youth, NIMH
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Schizophrenia - An Indepth Interview with Experts, Schizophrenia.com
- Schizophrenia.com - Schizophrenia.com is a leading community dedicated to providing high quality information, support and education to the family members, caregivers and individuals whose lives have been impacted by schizophrenia.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) - SAMHSA is the agency within Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry - AACAP is a membership-based non-profit organization, composed of over 8,600 child and adolescent psychiatrists and other interested physicians.
Research/Treatment Programs in Other Areas
- North American Prodrome Longitudinal Study (NAPLS) – multi-sites
- RA1SE Early Treatment Program – multi-sites
- Specialized Treatment Early in Psychosis (STEP) - Connecticut
- The Aware Center – Maine
- A list of Early Diagnosis & Treatment Centers for Psychosis & Schizophrenia, compiled by Schizophrenia.com
- I am Not Sick, I Don’t Need Help: How to Help Someone with Mental Illness Accept Treatment (2010) by Xavier Amador
- Surviving Schizophrenia: A Manual for Families, Patients, and Providers, 6th ed. (2013) by E. Fuller Torrey
- The Complete Family Guide to Schizophrenia: Helping Your Loved One Get the Most Out of Life (2006) by Kim Mueser and Susan Gingerich
- Promoting Recovery from First Episode Psychosis: A Guide for Families (2009) by Sabrina Baker and Lisa Martens
- The First Episode of Psychosis: A Guide for Patients and Their Families (2009) by Michael T. Compton and Beth Broussard
- If Your Adolescent Has Schizophrenia: An Essential Resource for Parents (Adolescent Mental Health Initiative) (2006) by Raquel E. Gur and Ann Braden Johnson
- How to Live with a Mentally Ill Person: A Handbook of Metally Ill Strategies (1996) by Christine Adamec
- Getting Your Life Back Together When You Have Schizophrenia (2002) by Roberta Temes
- Schizophrenia Revealed: From Neurons to Social Interactions (2003) by Michael Foster Green
- Social Skills Training for Schizophrenia: A Step-by-Step Guide (1997) by Alan S. Bellack, Kim T. Mueser, Susan Gingerich, and Julie Agresta
- Diagnosis: Schizophrenia (2002) by Rachel Miller and Susan E. Mason
- Divided Minds: Twin Sisters and Their Journey Through Schizophrenia (2005) by Pamela Spiro Wagner and Carolyn S. Spiro
- Recovered, Not Cured: A Journey Through Schizophrenia (2005) by Richard McLean
- Room For J: A Family Struggles With Schizophrenia (2004) by Daniel S. Hanson
- Mad House: Growing Up in the Shadow of Mentally Ill Siblings (1998) by Clea Simon
- A Guide to Special Education Advocacy: What Parents, Clinicians and Advocates Need to Know (2009) by Matthew Cohen
- Crazy: A Father's Search Through America's Mental Health Madness (2006) by Pete Earley