We are committed to the development of the next generation of research scientists. The University of Michigan Medical School is ranked among the top medical schools in the country, and we recognize the strength and contributions of our trainees. The Department of Psychiatry offers many unique research training opportunities that span across multiple levels and disciplines.
Specific opportunities include:
Resident Research Track
- Psychology Postdoctoral Training
- Developmental Neuroimaging Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- NIAAA (T32) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- NIH Fogarty International Training Program Fellowship
- NIMH (T32) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Geriatric Mental Health Services
Other opportunities that are not listed may also be available with individual researchers and can include and are not limited to independent studies, clinical research master-level social work internships, clinical psychology research activities for PhD candidates, and multidisciplinary postdoctoral opportunities.
Donors who are passionate about science, and interested in helping future generations of scientists, can make a difference through their support of these and other educational programs. Learn more about giving to the Department of Psychiatry.