Areas of Interest
- Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Workplace Depression / Anxiety
- Clinical treatments for Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Health Services Research / Epidemiology
- Education and Dissemination Research
This award is the top international award for bipolar disorder; only 13 people have won it for research, and 11 for education, since the award was initiated in 2001.
COVID-19’s mental health effects by age group: Children, college students, working-age adults and older adults
Sagar V. Parikh, MD, FRCPC, professor of psychiatry at the University of Michigan and associate director of the University of Michigan Depression Center, quoted in Healio.com
The pandemic has caused mental health concerns to skyrocket, but businesses can be equipped with the right tools to support their employees.
A student-led depression education program boosts other students’ knowledge and awareness, a new study shows. Now, the resources are available to all online.
- Clarke Institute of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Clinical and Research Fellow in Mood Disorders, 1992-1994
- University of Toronto, Residency in Psychiatry, 1989-1992
- University of Michigan, Resident in Psychiatry, 1987-1988
- McGill University, Montreal, Canada, Rotating Internship, 1984-1985
- McGill University, Montreal, Canada, M.D., C. M., 1980-1984
- Columbia University, Bachelor of Science in Bioengineering, 1976 - 1980