Department of Psychiatry Commitment to Wellness
Mission: To improve workplace well-being for all faculty, staff, and learners in the Department of Psychiatry
In 2019, the Michigan Medicine Wellness Office was formed when a task force led by Dr. Carol Bradford sought to study ways in which Michigan Medicine can improve wellness for faculty, staff, and learners. The Wellness Office is now under the leadership of Department of Psychiatry faculty member Dr. Kirk Brower, who was appointed as Faculty Director and Chief Wellness Officer. In 2020, the Department of Psychiatry appointed its own Wellness Officer, Deirdre Conroy, Ph.D. to serve as its first liaison between The Wellness Office and Psychiatry.
Dr. Conroy writes a blog for our staff and faculty that is centered around different topics of wellness. Please contact Deirdre if you'd like to suggest a certain topic to her.
- October 2020: Emotional Exhaustion
- November 2020: Winter is Coming
- December 2020: The Gift of Giving
- January 2021: Accepting Doses of Reality
- February 2021: The Heart Knows
- March 2021: Welcome Wellness - One Year Anniversary
- April 2021: Multidimensional Effects of Discrimination on Wellness
- May 2021: Moving toward a culture of psychological safety and speaking up
- July 2021: E-Boundaries
- October 2021: Losing sleep over work
- December 2021: Wags, Whiskers, and Wellness
- January 2022: Watching our thoughts: shall we shrink the “shoulds?"
- May 2022: Sometimes it’s not all rainbows: 3 ways to cope when things are bad
- September 2022: Feeling Safe
- December 2022: We are human beings, not 'doings'