The Office of Patient Experience is pleased to share our second annual report with the Michigan Medicine community. Since our launch in 2017, we have worked with our colleagues across Michigan Medicine to identify and impact the ways that we can improve the experiences of our patients and families when they are in our care. Our work is grounded in patient engagement, anchoring our priorities and processes around the patient voice. The willingness of patients and families to use their experience, both positive and negative, to better the health system ensures that we are providing solutions that can truly impact their overall experience.
Looking forward to Fiscal Year 2020 and beyond, we will continue to work with faculty, staff, and patients and families to ensure that our diverse patient populations feel included and welcomed in all areas of Michigan Medicine. Here’s a highlight of what we are planning for the upcoming year:
- Coordinated effort with inpatient nursing units to improve quiet and comfort for patients
- Enhancing service recovery materials and training with Patient Relations
- Develop and launch a coaching program for Michigan Medicine front line staff to provide positive patient and staff interactions across the health system
- Supporting staff in providing high quality & respectful service and care to patients and families through compassionate interactions.
- Supporting our affiliates and increasing physician referrals in key planning regions.
- Continue to work with our colleagues to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for LGBTQ+ patients and families and our other diverse patient populations.
We welcome your ideas and partnership on specific projects and initiatives to ensure the ideal patient experience.
Yours in service,
Keith Gran, M.B.A., C.P.A.
Chief patient experience officer