The Practical Big Data Workshop series brings together builders and users of practical big data analytics systems to exchange lessons learned in creating working systems, develop strategies to promote growth of these systems as integral parts of routine health care, and develop standardizations supporting integration of multi-institutional big data to health care.
This year PBDW2018 will include a small pre-meeting machine learning hackathon on Thursday, organized by MAASTRO. The main meeting of PBDW2018 on Friday will focus on practical experience with use of big data in including 5 afternoon breakout sessions combining presentations and round table discussion:
- Integrating Big Data in to treatment planning: Applications in treatment plan automation and evaluation
- Wrangling Radiomics: Applications of big data with conventional and Artificial Intelligence based approaches
- Approaching a New Big Data Based Radio-Biology: Using big data to create more comprehensive outcomes models
- Clinical Practice Big Data: Application to support safety and clinical practice improvement
- Integrating the voice of the patient in to Big Data: Collection, standardization and application of Patient Reported Outcomes and other measures
Saturday’s main session will extend these themes through presentations and a session with the group deliberating and debating and defining a road map for bringing the power of big data, analytics and machine learning into routine practice for all clinics.
Graduate Ann Arbor- $189 plus taxes per night, $25 per day valet parking
615 E. Huron St, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, 734-769-2200
Graduate Ann Arbor rooms can be booked online or or by calling (734) 769-2220. Ask for in-house reservations and mention your reservation is for the UM 2018 Practical Big Data Workshop (group number 180530UMPR).
Marriott Residence Inn Ann Arbor Downtown- $225 per night plus taxes
120 W Huron St, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, (734) 662-9999
Holiday Inn® Near the University of Michigan– $114 per night plus taxes, free parking
3600 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, (734) 769-9800
Click on the booking link "2018 Practical Big Data" (the book link does not work on mobile devices). Scroll down to select your Check-in and Check Out Dates. Group Code will automatically populate Click on Check Availability From there the site will show you the room types that have been blocked along with the group rate. When making a reservation with the booking link, please verify that you are getting the agreed upon rate of $114 before taxes. While making your reservation, please be advised of the cancellation policy. Alternatively, you can call the hotel at (734) 769-9800, ask for reservations, and remember to reference the 2018 Practical Big Data room block.