The Practical Big Data Workshop series brings together builders and users of practical big data analytics systems to exchange lessons learned in creating working systems, develop strategies to promote growth of these systems as integral parts of routine health care, and develop standardizations supporting integration of multi-institutional big data to health care.
This year PBDW2018 will include a small pre-meeting machine learning hackathon on Thursday, organized by MAASTRO. The main meeting of PBDW2018 on Friday will focus on practical experience with use of big data in including 5 afternoon breakout sessions combining presentations and round table discussion:
- Integrating Big Data in to treatment planning: Applications in treatment plan automation and evaluation
- Wrangling Radiomics: Applications of big data with conventional and Artificial Intelligence based approaches
- Approaching a New Big Data Based Radio-Biology: Using big data to create more comprehensive outcomes models
- Clinical Practice Big Data: Application to support safety and clinical practice improvement
- Integrating the voice of the patient in to Big Data: Collection, standardization and application of Patient Reported Outcomes and other measures
Saturday’s main session will extend these themes through presentations and a session with the group deliberating and debating and defining a road map for bringing the power of big data, analytics and machine learning into routine practice for all clinics.