With the accelerating pace of change in healthcare, creative solutions are critical to our future success. How can we re-invent what we do? How do we engage patients & families, collaborate with each other or across teams we interact with across Michigan Medicine to? Creating value by improving care, advance the field and cutting cost is key to being leaders in the future.
To give all members of our Department the opportunity to submit ideas to add value through innovation and clinical care delivery redesign!
An innovation challenge will be held annually with up to $50,000 available to fund up to 2-3 proposals. The projects will be reviewed by a panel that includes experts from the Department, and University including the Fast Forward Medical Innovation team. This panel will then select a group of promising projects that will be invited to present their ideas to the Department and a group of judges in a “shark tank” like forum. Project ideas can be for inventions, products, services or educational innovations. All project should include a faculty member. Projects proposed by diverse teams are strongly encouraged, including staff, trainees, and partners outside the Department.
- All project should include a faculty member. Projects proposed by diverse teams are strongly encouraged, including staff, trainees, and partners outside the Department.
- Project proposals will be submitted in a standard format that will be described in the application
- The proposal should include the following elements:
- Background & Opportunity
- Proposed project
- Team involved, with their expertise and roles delineated
- Significance of project
- Defined endpoints with milestones
- Potential for future external funding and / or commercialization if relevant
The Radiology Innovation Collaborative Committee will manage and plan the challenge event and can provide further guidance.