Dr. Vikas Gulani is the Chair of the Department of Radiology and co-Director of the Michigan institute of Imaging Technology and Translation (MIITT). He is committed to a collaborative, diverse, and friendly work environment where people are valued above all else. This environment is used to build unequivocal clinical, research, and teaching excellence.
Dr. Gulani trained in Chemical Engineering at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and then did his MD and PhD work at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. His residency and fellowship training are from the University of Michigan, and he also completed a postdoctoral year in Physics at the University of Würzburg in Germany.
Areas of Interest
Dr. Gulani is an active physician-scientist, with research interests in MRI technology development and translation, global access to imaging, quantitative MRI and relaxometry, fast imaging, and clinical body MRI with particular focus on both liver and prostate imaging.
Medical School or Training
- Ph.D., Physiology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign 1998
- M.D., University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2000
- University of Michigan, Diagnostic Radiology, 2005
- Body MRI, University of Michigan, 2006
- International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Radiological Society of North America
- Association of University Radiologists
- International Cancer Imaging Society
- Society of Abdominal Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- Society of University Radiologists
- Society of Chairs of Academic Radiology Departments
- Diagnostic Radiology