Dr. Roberts previously worked in experimental nuclear physics for 20 years and has 85 publications in nuclear physics. Since joining the staff of the Department of Radiation Oncology he has 10 publications on imaging in amorphous silicon detectors, dose measurements in amorphous silicon detectors, as well as peripheral dose, brachytherapy quality assurance, and measurements of dosimetric impact of embolization materials on stereotactic radiosurgery plans. He has also has been involved in research into the role of complexity in treatment planning.
Areas of Interest
- Geometric errors in multiple target treatments.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- PhD, University of Wyoming, 1987
Selected from 30 publications
- Owrangi AM, Roberts DA, Covington EL, Hayman JA, Masi KM, Lee C, Moran JM, Prisciandaro JI. Revisiting fetal dose during radiation therapy: evaluating treatment techniques and a custom shield. J Appl Clin Med Phys, Sep 8;17(5):6135, 2016. PubMed PMID: 27685109.
- Labby ZE, Chaudhary N, Gemmete JJ, Pandey AS, Roberts DA. Dosimetric measurements of an n-butyl cyanoacrylate embolization material for arteriovenous malformations. Med Phys, Apr;42(4):1739-44, 2015. doi: 10.1118/1.4915080. PubMed PMID: 25832063.
- Younge KC, Roberts D, Janes LA, Anderson C, Moran JM, Matuszak MM. Predictingdeliverability of volumetric-modulated arc therapy (VMAT) plans using aperture complexityanalysis. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2016 Jul 8;17(4):6241. PubMed PMID: 27455504.
- Roberts DA, Balter JM, Chaudhary N, Gemmete JJ, Pandey AS. Dosimetric measurements of Onyx embolization material for stereotactic radiosurgery. Med Phys, Nov;39(11):6672-81, 2012. doi: 10.1118/1.4757918. PubMed PMID: 23127061.
- Younge KC, Matuszak MM, Moran JM, McShan DL, Fraass BA, Roberts DA. Penalization of aperture complexity in inversely planned volumetric modulated arc therapy. Med Phys, Nov;39(11):7160-70, 2012. doi: 10.1118/1.4762566. PubMed PMID: 23127107; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3505204.
- Ritter T, Balter JM, Lee C, Roberts D, Roberson PL. Audit tool for external beam radiation therapy departments. Pract Radiat Oncol, Oct-Dec;2(4):e39-44, 2012. doi: 10.1016/j.prro.2012.03.011. PubMed PMID: 24674183.