Thank you for your interest in the University of Michigan Health Systems Radiation Oncology Residency Program. All applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Your application should be accompanied by your:
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcripts
- Three letters of reference
- A personal statement
The Dean’s Letter from your medical school should be released and downloaded to ERAS on October 1st. In addition, applicants must have completed USMLE Step 2 or at least be scheduled to take the test in early 2020.
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee, which will be comprised of the Program Director and several faculty members. Interviews will be by invitation sent via email. The day will consist of meetings with various faculty and residents along with a tour of the department and one of our research facilities.
There will be three PGY-2 positions open for the 2021-22 academic year. The program start date is July 1, 2021.
The University of Michigan offers highly competitive salaries and tremendous benefits to our residents/fellows. An overview of salary, benefits and employment eligibility is available on the GME Office website,
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Carroll, Residency Coordinator, at either 734-936-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timeline to Apply
International Medical Graduates
- We do not require minimum USMLE scores.
- U.S. clinical experience is not a requirement, but is strongly encouraged.
- Our deadline for application consideration is October 15
- ECFMG certification at time of application is required (by November 1st). Please review the ECFMG requirements
- We sponsor only J-1 visas.
- We do not offer pre-match
- We accept applications only through ERAS
International medical graduates should contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates for application materials and eligibility requirements. Please write to:
P.O. Box 13467
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467 USA
Or visit their website: ECFMG-ERAS Support for International Medical Students and Graduates.