June Chan MD graduated from McGill University with a degree in Honors Physiology in 1991. She then attended Albany Medical College, where she was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha society in her 3rd year. She completed her Internship training at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, then went on to do her residency training in Radiation Oncology at the University of Michigan, where she was Chief Resident during her final year.
As junior faculty, she was awarded an NIH grant to study the use of complementary medicines in cancer patients and has published papers in the International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, and the Journal of Clinical Oncology. Since completing her residency, she has remained on faculty in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Michigan, practicing at our Providence Park Hospital affiliate. Dr. Chan treats a variety of disease sites including cancers of the breast, lung, head and neck, GI system and brain.
Areas of Interest
- Breast cancer
- Head & Neck
Honors & Awards
2012-2016 Listed in Detroit Hour Magazine’s Annual “Top Docs” Issue for Radiation Oncology
1999-2000 Chief Resident, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan Medical Center
1996 Outstanding Preliminary Medicine Intern Award, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
1995 Graduated Cum Laude, Albany Medical College
1993 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (Elected Junior Year), Co-President, 1993
1993 The Daggett Prize in the Anatomies (Anatomy, Histology, Neuroscience), 1993
1992-1994 Dean's Letter for Scholastic Excellence, 1992-94
1991 Graduated First Class Honors, McGill University, 1991
- MD, Albany Medical College, 1995
- Board Certification: Radiation Oncology, 2005; Re-certified 2010
Published Articles or Reviews
Selected from 4 publications
- Herman JM, Narang AK, Griffith KA, Zalupski MM, Reese JB, Gearhart SL, Azad NS, Chan JL, Olsen L, Efron JE, Lawrence TS, Ben-Joseph E. The quality-of-life effects of neoadjuvant chemoradiation in locally advanced rectal cancer. Int J Rad Onc Biol Phys. 85(1):e15-e19, 2013.
- Feng M, Moran JM, Koelling T, Chughtai A, Chan JL, Freedman L, Hayman JA, Jagsi R, Jolly S, LaRouere J, Soriano J, Marsh R, Pierce LJ. Development and validation of a heart atlas to study cardiac exposure to radiation following treatment for breast cancer. Int J Rad Onc Biol Phys. 79(1):10-18, 2010
- McLaughlin PM, Narayana V, Drake DG, Miller BM, Marsh L, Chan J, Gonda R Jr, Winfield RJ, Roberson PL. A comparison of MRI pulse sequences in defining the prostate volume post-permanent implant. Int J Rad Onc Biol Phys. 54(3):703-711, 2002.