Dr. Jackson is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Michigan. He performed his residency in radiation oncology at the University of Michigan, and subsequently joined the faculty upon completion of his training. Within the Department of Radiation Oncology, he serves as the co-Chief of the Genitourinary Radiotherapy Program. Within the Rogel Cancer he is the co-Director of the multidisciplinary Spine Oncology Program.
Dr. Jackson’s research focuses mainly on improving outcomes for men with aggressive or recurrent prostate cancer, and he has published extensively on this topic.
Areas of Interest
Clinical and translational research for genitourinary malignancies and spine metastases with a focus on creation of, and enrollment to, clinical trials assessing novel treatment strategies to personalize treatment and improve outcomes for these patients.
- Genitourinary cancers (prostate, bladder, kidney, and penile)
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for the treatment of prostate cancer and for treatment of cancers that have metastasized to the spine
- Residency, University of Michigan, Radiation Oncology, 2019
Published Articles or Reviews
Selected from more than 100 publications
- Jackson WC, Hartman HE, Dess RT, Birer SR, Soni PD, Hearn JWD, Reichert ZR, Kishan AU, Mahal BA, Zumsteg ZS, Efstathiou JA, Kaffenberger S, Morgan TM, Mehra R, Showalter TN, Krauss DA, Nguyen PL, Schipper MJ, Feng FY, Sandler HM, Hoskin PJ, Roach M 3rd, Spratt DE: Addition of Androgen-Deprivation Therapy or Brachytherapy Boost to External Beam Radiotherapy for Localized Prostate Cancer: A Network Meta-Analysis of Randomized Trials. J Clin Oncol epub: JCO1903217, 2020. PM32396488
- Jackson WC, Suresh K, Tumati V, Allen SG, Dess RT, Salami SS, George A, Kaffenberger SD, Miller DC, Hearn JWD, Jolly S, Mehra R, Hollenbeck BK, Palapattu GS, Schipper M, Feng FY, Morgan TM, Desai NB, Spratt DE: Intermediate Endpoints After Postprostatectomy Radiotherapy: 5-Year Distant Metastasis to Predict Overall Survival. Eur Urol 74(4): 413-419, 2018. PM29306514
- Jackson WC, Dess RT, Litzenberg DW, Li P, Schipper M, Rosenthal SA, Chang GC, Horwitz EM, Price RA, Michalski JM, Gay HA, Wei JT, Feng M, Feng FY, Sandler HM, Wallace RE, Spratt DE, Hamstra DA: A multi-institutional phase 2 trial of prostate stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) using continuous real-time evaluation of prostate motion with patient-reported quality of life. Pract Radiat Oncol 8(1): 40-47, 2018. PM29304991
- Jackson WC, Schipper MJ, Johnson SB, Foster C, Li D, Sandler HM, Palapattu GS, Hamstra DA, Feng FY: Duration of Androgen Deprivation Therapy Influences Outcomes for Patients Receiving Radiation Therapy Following Radical Prostatectomy. Eur Urol 69(1): 50-7, 2016. PM26004800
- Jackson WC, Feng FY, Daignault S, Hussain M, Smith D, Cooney K, Pienta K, Jolly S, Hollenbeck B, Olson KB, Sandler HM, Ray ME, Hamstra DA: A phase 2 trial of salvage radiation and concurrent weekly docetaxel after a rising prostate-specific antigen level after radical prostatectomy. Adv Radiat Oncol 1(1): 59-66, 2015. PM28799570/PMC5506748
- Jackson WC, Hamstra DA, Johnson S, Zhou J, Foster B, Foster C, Li D, Song Y, Palapattu GS, Kunju LP, Mehra R, Feng FY: Gleason pattern 5 is the strongest pathologic predictor of recurrence, metastasis, and prostate cancer-specific death in patients receiving salvage radiation therapy following radical prostatectomy. Cancer 119(18): 3287-94, 2013. PM23821578