Dr. Zhang completed his medical physics residency training from the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Pennsylvania in June 2022. During residency he gained significant clinical experience with treatment planning, quality assurance, and radiation device calibration, meeting all requirements of the CAMPEP commission. He thrives in an environment of providing high-quality clinical care.
Dr. Zhang has a keen interest in clinical translation and radiation oncology information infrastructure. His most recent work has focused on the interpretable machine learning for outcome modeling and clinical decision support. Dr. Zhang has been the author or co-author on multiple peer-reviewed publications and abstracts. He has presented his work at the American Association for Physicist in Medicine (AAPM), the International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE) and the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) annual meetings.
Areas of Interest
- Predictive outcome modeling
- Machine learning for clinical decision support
- Workflow automation
- Medical Physics Residency, University of Pennsylvania, 2022
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder, 2015
Selected from 14 publications
- Zhang Z*, Beltran C, Corner MS, Deisher AJ, Herman MG, Kruse JJ, Wan HS, Tryggestad E, “A Windows GUI application for real-time image guidance during motion-managed proton beam therapy”, SPIE Proceedings, Medical Imaging 2020: Image-Guided Procedures, Robotic Interventions, and Modeling, 2020, 113152F.
- Zhang Z, Ding, J, Ocko BM, Lhermitte J, Strzalka J, Choi C-H, Fisher FT, Yager KG, Black CT, “Nanoconfinement and salt synergistically suppress crystallization in polyethylene oxide”, Macromolecules 2020, 53, 4, 1494–1501.
- Zhang Z, Ding J, Ocko BM, Fluerasu A, Wiegart L, Zhang Y, Kobrak M, Tian Y, Zhang H, Lhermitte J, Choi C-H, Fisher FT, Yager KG, Black CT, “Nanoscale viscosity of confined polyethylene oxide”, Phys. Rev. E. 2019, 100, 062503.