ABOUT THE AWARDS
The UM-SBDRC Travel Awards Program will be awarding in the amount of $500 for travel to the first International Societies for Investigative Dermatology (ISID) Annual Meeting in Tokyo, Japan, May 10-13, 2023.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Applicants must be non-faculty trainees (post-doctoral fellow, resident, graduate student, trainee, etc.), who currently work in the laboratory of a SBDRC member at the University of Michigan. Applicants must have submitted an abstract that has been accepted for presentation at the upcoming meeting. Applicants chosen for oral presentation (session or e-poster) will be given preference.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following information in a PDF to Carmel McKeon, UM-SBDRC Center Administrator at [email protected]
- One paragraph that briefly describes the work they will be presenting at the meeting, including an explanation of why attendance at the meeting is important for their training.
- Abstract of their presentation.
- Confirmation of abstract acceptance.
- Confirmation of meeting registration.
- Budget request up to the cap of the award offered ($500) including costs of SID annual membership (which discounts the registration fee at this conference), registration fee, abstract fee, hotel costs.
Applications will be received until May 15, 2023.
Applicants chosen to receive a Travel Award are required to formally discuss the key presentations from the meeting that are relevant to their work and that of their coworkers at a lab meeting.