The UM-Skin Biology and Diseases Resource-based Center (UM-SBDRC) seeks to expand the community of skin researchers by supporting early investigators and promoting interdisciplinary engagement and collaboration with groups outside the field of dermatology.
- enhance the effectiveness of ongoing basic and translational cutaneous biology research,
- broaden the scope of skin disease research by attracting new investigators and through interdisciplinary collaboration,
- enable rapid transitions from discovery to function,
- address biological and disease contexts, and
- facilitate development of appropriate, state-of-the-art in silico and in vivo disease mouse models.
We aim to facilitate, enhance and accelerate skin disease research toward new discoveries that will ultimately benefit a wide range of patients with cutaneous disorders.