The UM-SBDRC is a P30 funded by the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS). Our center members benefit from unique and specialized core services and programs that draw upon our established expertise in skin research and the UM's robust research infrastructure.
- to enable and enhance the effectiveness of ongoing basic and translational cutaneous biology research,
- to broaden the scope of skin disease research by attracting new investigators and established investigators other fields and through interdisciplinary collaboration,
- to enable rapid transitions from discovery to function,
- to address biological and disease contexts, and
- to facilitate development of appropriate, state-of-the-art in silico and in vivo disease mouse models.
We aim to facilitate, enhance and accelerate skin disease research toward new discoveries that will ultimately benefit a wide range of patients with cutaneous disorders.