The UM-SBDRC is a P30 funded by the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS). We provide unique and specialized services and programs that draw upon our established expertise in skin research and the UM's robust research infrastructure. We aim to facilitate, enhance, and accelerate ongoing skin research toward new discoveries that will ultimately benefit a wide range of patients with cutaneous disorders.
- to enable and enhance the effectiveness of ongoing basic and translational cutaneous biology research
- to broaden the scope of skin disease research by attracting new investigators and established investigators other fields and through interdisciplinary collaboration.
- to enable rapid transitions from discovery to function,
- to address biological and disease contexts, and
- to facilitate development of appropriate, state-of-the-art in silico and in vivo disease mouse models.