- Vu PP, Irwin ZT, Vaskov AK, Henning PT, Lueders D, Laidlaw AT, Nu CS, Gates DH, Gillespie RB, Kemp SWP, Kung TA, Chestek CA, Cederna PS. A regenerative peripheral nerve interface allows real-time control of an artificial hand in upper limb amputees. Science and Translational Medicine, 12(533), 1-11, 2020.
- Vu PP, Chestek CA, Nason SR, Kung TA, Kemp SWP, Cederna PS. The future of rehabilitation robotics in research and practice. Muscle and Nerve, 61(6), 708-718, 2020.
- Svientek SR, Ursu DC, Cederna PS, Kemp SWP. Fabrication of the composite regenerative peripheral nerve interface (C-RPNI) in the adult rat. JoVE, 156, 1-14, 2020.
- Dehdashtian A, Bratley JV, Svientek SR, Kung TA, Awan TM, Cederna PS, Kemp SWP. Autologous fat grafting for nerve regeneration and neuropathic pain: Current state from bench to bedside. Regenerative Medicine, 15 (10), 2209-2228, 2020.
- Hu Y, Ursu DC, Sohasky RA, Sando IC, French ZP, Mays EA, Nedic A, Moon JD, Kung TA, Cederna PS, Kemp SWP, Urbanchek MG. Regenerative peripheral nerve interface (RPNI) free muscle graft mass and function. Muscle and Nerve, 63(3), 421-429, 2021.
- Vu PP, Lu C, Vaskov AK, Gates DH, Gillespie RB, Kemp SWP, Chestek CA, Cederna PS, Kung TA. Restoration of proprioception and cutaneous sensation using Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interfaces (RPNIs) in humans with upper-limb amputation. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, in press.
- Lee S, Hwang C, Marini S, Tower RJ, Pagani CA, Stepien DM, Qin Q, Negri S, Sorkin M, Kubiak CA, Visser ND, Meyers CA, Wang Y, Rasheed HA, Xu J, Miller S, Huber AK, Minichello L, Cederna PS, Kemp SWP, Clemens TL, James AW, Levi B. NGF-TrkA signaling dictates neural ingrowth and aberrant osteochondral differentiation after soft tissue trauma. Nature Communications, in press.
- Sando I, Adidharma W, Nedic A, Ursu DC, Mays E, Yaxi H, Kubiak CA, Sugg KB, Kung TA, Cederna PS, Gerling G, Kemp SWP, and Urbanchek MG. The Dermal Sensory Interface (DSI) for Re-establishing Sensory Nerve Feedback via Peripheral Afferents. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, in press.
- Kubiak CA, Svientek SR, Dehdashtian A, Bratley JV, Kung TA, Cederna PS, and Kemp SWP. Physiologic Signaling and Viability of the Muscle Cuff Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interface (MC-RPNI). Journal of Neural Engineering, in press.
- Svientek SR, Wisely JP, Dehdashtian A, Bratley JV, Cederna PS, Kemp SWP. The Muscle Cuff Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interface for the amplification of intact peripheral nerve signals. JoVE, in press.
In the News
- Moore, Nicole Casal. "'It's like you have a hand again'." Michigan Medicine Health Lab Blog. 4 March 2020.
- "Projects Awarded $3.3 Million by Frankel Innovation Initiative." University of Michigan Health News. 10 October 2020.
Hear from patients and experts who have experience with the new new prosthetic hand the Neuromuscular Lab is developing.