CSTAR Fellows are passionate about surgical education and will gain the ability to become independent surgical education researchers through working on high-impact research projects with CSTAR faculty.
Mission & Aims
CSTAR researchers combine the best in traditional educational work (assessment, curriculum development, recruitment, leadership development, and faculty development) as well as several new, cross-disciplinary programs that:
- Bridge the gap between surgical education research and health services research
- Address issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in surgical education
- Apply improvement science methodologies to develop new national evidence-based standards for surgical training
During their CSTAR Fellowship, fellows will be immersed in the techniques, challenges, and opportunities for the surgical education field. They will learn through the practical experience of working on multiple high-impact surgical education research projects. In addition, they will participate in both group and one-on-one coaching sessions on topics related to surgical education research.
Research & Academic Opportunities
Center for Surgical Training and Research researchers are uniquely positioned for high-impact work thanks to deep internal and external grat support. All CSTAR researchers, including CSTAR fellows, have unique access to multiple sources of learner and patient data not found at any other institution.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of support from Section Chair or PD
- Cover letter, discussing: research interests, career goals, plan for achieving goals
- Curriculum Vitae