Submissions must be from the Department of Surgery, which includes the Sections of General Surgery, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Transplant Surgery, Vascular Surgery and the Division of Anatomical Sciences. All submissions for review will be considered for oral presentation or poster display.
Abstracts are due by Monday, March 20, 2023 at 5 p.m. (EST).
Guidelines & Requirements
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Margins: 1 inch
- Font: Arial, Helvetica, Palatino Linotype or Georgia
- Title: Font Size 14, Bold, Centered (Do Not Use All Caps)
- Authors: Font Size 11, Centered
- First initial(s) Last Name, Degree (w/o periods), separated by a semi-colon
- Body: Font Size 12, Block Style, Right and Left Justified
- Do not indent paragraphs
- No tabs needed (except for tables/graphics)
- Organization: The information within the body should contain the following:
- Objective: statement of purpose of the study, unless stated in the title
- Methods: description of methods, if pertinent
- Results: summarizing in sufficient detail to support the conclusion(s)
- Conclusion: It is not satisfactory to state the results will be discussed
- Each abstract is limited to one page, including graphs & figures.
- Example Abstract
- Notification of Results: Bottom of the page: Name, Section, University address & box number, unique name, University telephone & pager of person to notify and credit in the booklet. Also list faculty mentor (if appropriate) as shown in example.
- Number of Abstracts: Each individual is permitted to submit 3 distinct abstracts.