- Headlines: Policy & Procedure Updates, FAQs: Review past updates from the Michigan Medicine Headlines bulletin.
- Michigan Medicine COVID-19 Updates: Get the latest updates regarding Michigan Medicine's response to COVID-19.
- Human Resources COVID-19 Resources: HR has compiled information related to working at the university during COVID-19.
- Resources for Michigan Medicine Providers: Michigan Medicine has created a website with comprehensive resources for providers (VPN required).
News & Policies
Ethics & Patient Interactions
Vital Talk COVID-Ready Communication Skills: This resource provides training in communications skills when discussing COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Updates for Michigan Medicine Patients: Review the guidelines and information provided to Michigan Medicine patients in light of COVID-19.
- Appointment Location Updates: View the list of temporary clinic location changes at Michigan Medicine due to COVID-19.
- Visitor Guidelines: Michigan Medicine has compiled an updated list of FAQs and guidelines for visitors.
Health & Safety
- OHS 24-Hour Phone Line: Employees who are sick and/or or have questions related to COVID-19 can call Occupational Health Services at 734-764-8021.
- CDC COVID-19 Information & Resources: The CDC provides up to date information and resources regarding COVID-19.
- PPE Guidance: Safety Management Services in conjunction with IPE, has created a website to offer even more guidance regarding PPE in the inpatient setting (VPN Required).
Family & Housing
- Temporary Housing: Michigan Medicine offers temporary housing to providers for respite or self-isolation due to COVID-19 and to employees exposed to COVID-19 positive patients with immunocompromised family at home. Ask your supervisor for details or contact Alfreda Rooks at 734-645-1303 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work-Life Resource Center: Learn about the child care and elder care resources recommended by University of Michigan Human Resources.
- Ann Arbor Public Schools Resources: The AAPS compiled a list of resources related to COVID-19, including educational activities.
- Michigan Medicine Office of Counseling and Workplace Resilience: For confidential support, contact the COVID-19 Well-being Response Team at 734-763-5409.
- CDC Stress and Coping Resources: The CDC has compiled a page of information related to coping with stress resulting from COVID-19.
- Virtual Support Groups: The Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office is offering weekly virtual small group discussions.
- HR Well-Being Resources: Human Resources has collected a list of recommendations and resources for physical and mental well-being.
Working & Learning Remotely
- HITS Tech Guide to Working Remotely: Learn about the resources and support available for remote work.
- Zoom Resources: Learn more about how to use Zoom effectively at Michigan Medicine.
- Office Ergonomics: HR has provided a tutorial on office ergonomics for those setting up a new work space.
- Work From Home Tips: HR has a short list of recommendations to keep in mind when working from home.
Community Outreach & Donations
- Food Drive: Michigan Medicine is working with Food Gatherers to address food insecurity in the community.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Drive: Learn what PPE items would be helpful to donate to Michigan Medicine.
- Give Blood: The Red Cross is still scheduling appointments for giving blood, as there is a critical need for donations due to COVID-19.
- Monetary Donations: Gifts to the COVID-19 Philanthropic Fund through the Michigan Medicine Office of Development are much appreciated. Call the office at 734-764-6777 with questions.
Department of Surgery Faculty Lead
Michigan Medicine Email Hotline
General inquiries not answered by current Michigan Medicine resources can be emailed to email@example.com, and your question will be answered as quickly as possible. Do not use this email for sharing patient health information.