The Michigan Promise is a long-term commitment to faculty and resident development and an effort to change the face of American Surgery for the next generation. We have selected six areas of focus – Environment, Achievement, Leadership, Recruitment, Innovation and Outreach. Each issue of the blog will be dedicated to one of these topics.
We plan to share our efforts in these domains with the surgical community, to highlight what works and what doesn’t, and to spark discussion of the issues of our day.
New posts will be published on Mondays throughout the year. Each issue will contain how-to information, research data and examples of works in progress. Colleagues from other institutions, guest speakers and program participants are welcome to contribute as authors.
- Highlight the important work being done within our department.
- Demonstrate what can be possible within a collaborative and mission-driven community of surgeons.
- Share what we are learning so that it can be replicated and help advance the field of surgery.
- Create an educational resource from which surgeons from around the world will learn.
- Commit to a high level of excellence and fulfill a significant part of our external educational mission.