Applicants who have completed a course of study at an American Dental Association (ADA)-accredited dental school, and who have graduated with a DDS or DMD are eligible to apply.
Internationally trained dental graduates should meet the following criteria:
- Have completed 2 additional years of a CODA-accredited dental program earning a DDS or DMD
- Have an Educational Credential Evaluation of your transcripts submitted with your application.
- Have passed the National Board of Dental Education Part I and Part II exams.
- Have taken the National Board of Medical Education CBSE.
- Are eligible for a Michigan Educational Limited Dental and Controlled Substance License.
- Are H-1B visa eligible. For more about visa requirements at U-M, contact the U-M International Center
The University of Michigan Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery Oral program is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
The Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program participates in the Match. You must apply to our program through PASS and enroll in the Match.
Applications are due Oct. 15.
Please submit a 2x2 photo and include your name on the back of the photo along with any other application materials. Submit this directly to the program at:
University of Michigan
1515 E. Hospital Drive
Towsley Center G1218, SPC 5222
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5222