We pride ourselves on staying connected with the distinguished alumni who’ve been a part of the Section of Plastic Surgery at the University of Michigan, enriching our profession and our community of practitioners.
There are many ways you can keep in touch with Plastic Surgery at U-M or renew your ties, from annual conferences, meetings, and societies, to visiting us for a tour of your alma mater.
Societies, Annual Meetings, Lectures, & Events
- Dingman Alumni Society: This is the alumni society of the Michigan Medicine Section of Plastic Surgery, which brings together former and current members of the section of Plastic Surgery to meet for a dinner during the ASPS annual meeting and for a 2-day scientific meeting biennially.
- Dingman Resident & Fellow Graduation: This annual event brings together faculty, alumni, trainees and families to celebrate the graduation of our resident and fellowship trainees.
- Grabb Lectureship: This lectureship provides the opportunity for international and national plastic surgery experts to come to Michigan Medicine and discuss new insights into in the field of plastic surgery with our section.
- Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons: This is a biennial meeting of lectures, panels, discussions, and paper presentations covering a wide variety of topics in plastic surgery that takes place at the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
- Hand Surgery Visiting Professor: This annual series of lectures, including a day-long event, by expert hand surgery visiting professors promotes the education and discussion of innovations in the hand surgery field.
- Plastic Surgery Winter Celebration: This is an annual celebration for members of the section of Plastic Surgery to reconnect and celebrate the year's accomplishments.