37th Reed M. Nesbit Urologic Society and Nesbit Visiting Professor Meeting
September 7-9, 2023
Ann Arbor, MI
Educational Planners: Keow Mei Goh, MD, John Wei, MD, Ganesh Palapattu, MD
Description with Expected Results: “The Reed M. Nesbit Society, founded in 1972, holds an annual meeting for urologists who are trained or were affiliated with the University of Michigan Dept. of Urology. It is open to physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, other healthcare professionals, house officers, and medical students of urology. Nesbit VP Stephen Nakada from the University of Wisconsin and Mohammed Belal from the BBC. The participants will be able to use the latest options for endoscopic management of stones and ureteral tumors, appraise which options are best for minimally invasive BPH management, train residents in urology, establish strategies to deal with adversity, summarize the health issues related to complex pediatric urology patients and understand the role that they can play in global urology.”
Objectives: At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- better implement the best techniques for endoscopic management of stones and upper tract urothelial cancers.
- understand and implement the latest treatment options for minimally invasive BPH treatment.
- understand the issues that arise when complex pediatric urology patients become an adult.
- understand the leadership opportunities in urology and the opportunities available in global health
- understand the importance of resilience in the face of adversity and in residency
ACCME Statement: The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of XX AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Create a MiCME Account and Claim CME Credit: https://files.aievolution.com/prd/umm1601/docs/Create_a_MiCME_Account_to_Claim_CME_CreditAugust2022.pdf