Dr. David Smith trained at the University of Washington in Seattle, completing a residency in internal medicine in 1988. He completed a fellowship in hematology/oncology at Duke University and then joined the faculty at the University of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Cancer Institute prior to moving to the University of Michigan in 1996. Dr. Smith currently serves as the Clinical Director of the U-M Cancer Center's Phase I Program. Throughout his career, he has focused on urologic oncology and clinical trials and has published more than 70 peer-reviewed publications in these areas as well as several book chapters. His particular area of interest is in the evaluation of new therapeutics for use in a variety of cancers.
Areas of Interest
Urologic malignancies including prostate, bladder, kidney, and testis cancer.
Medical School or Training
- University of Washington School of Public Health, 1985
- University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals, Internal Medicine, WA, 1988
- Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, 1992
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association of Cancer Research
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology