Michigan Urology Academy provides an opportunity for all medical students who are interested in Urology to increase their preparedness for applying to residency and to provide exposure to the field. Students will be introduced to residency application strategy and logistics, interview tips and tricks, and ways to control application costs. In addition, current trainees and faculty, including those who are from groups currently underrepresented in the field, will share their experiences working in Urology and medicine. Join us for inaugural launch of the Michigan Urology Academy on June 12-13, 2020.
All interested applicants, including underrepresented minorities and/or those from medical schools without a formal Urology training program, are strongly encouraged to apply. All travel/lodging/meal expenses will be covered.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Current student in an accredited medical school in the US, Canada or Caribbean
- Curiosity/Interest in Urology
- Complete the Program Application
- Submit your CV
- Submit your unofficial transcript
- Submit a personal statement reflecting your training trajectory to date. Include any information regarding previous experience working in organizations that address health inequalities, living in a community or area adversely affected by health inequalities, or personal experience with health inequalities. (300 word limit)
- Submit your thoughts on the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in urology and how you hope to contribute to this area. (300 word limit)
If you have any questions about eligibility or wish to apply, please contact Aprill White at 734-936-5801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission of the application will be April 1, 2020.