Jim Dupree, M.D., MPH, assistant professor in Urology, received his medical and master of public health degrees from Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois. He completed his Urology Internship/Residency at the McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University and an advanced fellowship in Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
Dr. Dupree has received the Leander W. Riba Award from Northwestern Memorial Hospital for outstanding clinical care, the Vincent J. O’Conor Jr. Award for excellence in teaching from Northwestern University, and the Men’s Health Traveling Fellowship Award from the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction and Sexual Medicine Society, among others.
Dr. Dupree specializes in the advanced treatment of male infertility, as well as testing and treating low testosterone and erectile dysfunction. He is seeing patients at the Briarwood Center for Reproductive Medicine, the Livonia Center for Specialty Care, and the main Taubman Center in Ann Arbor.
Areas of Interest
Research Interests: Health policy, with a focus on the local impact of federal health policy including payment reform and new alternative payment models like bundled payment programs; Reproductive health policy, including the role of insurance in infertility care; Male infertility and access to infertility care; Quality improvement for specialty care, including collaborative quality improvement programs
Clinical Interests: Male infertility, Erectile dysfunction, Hypogonadism, Reproductive health, Fertility preservation
Dr. Jim Dupree, Assistant Professor of Urology, was interviewed by the US Office of Personnel Management about infertility insurance benefits
Medical School or Training
- Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, 2007
- Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, Urology, IL, 2013
- Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, 2014
- Health Policy Fellow, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL, 2012
- American Board of Urology
- American Urological Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology
- North Central Section of the American Urological Association
- European Association of Urology