Dr. Jimbo earned his medical degree from the Keio University School of Medicine in Tokyo, Japan (1985), where he also completed his internal medicine residency (1989). He earned his Doctor of Science (Ph.D.) and completed a fellowship in nephrology both at Keio University School of Medicine (1993). He completed his family medicine residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Penn. (1996), where he was also chief resident. He earned a Masters in Public Health from the University of North Carolina School of Public Health (2000). His research interests include cancer prevention and cross-cultural medicine. His clinical interests include chronic disease management and health promotion/disease prevention.
Dr. Jimbo has a joint appointment in Family Medicine and Urology.
Areas of Interest
Cancer screening, cultural and medicine, shared decision making, culture and medicine, information technology
Health promotion, disease prevention, cancer screening, ultrasound, urology, inpatient medicine
Medical School or Training
- Keio Gijuku Daigaku Igakubu, 1985
- Okinawa Prefectural Chuba Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1987
- Keio Gijuku Daigaku Igakubu, Internal Medicine, 1989
- Thomas Jefferson University Hosp., Family Medicine, PA, 1996
- Internal Medicine Nephrology, Keio Gijuku Daigaku Igakubu, 1993
- Fellow of Japanese Society of Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine