- Click HERE for a day-of livestream of the event (name and email required to register).
- If you still want to attend the event, click HERE.
- If you are coming to the event, and need parking/transportation options, click HERE.
Welcome & Great Minds, Greater Discoveries: Steven L. Kunkel, Ph.D.
Remarks: Marschall S. Runge, M.D., Ph.D.
Keynote Introduction: U-M President Santa J. Ono, Ph.D.
Keynote and Q&A: Steven Holland, M.D., “Anticytokine Autoantibodies: Hiding in Plain Sight”
- J. Michelle Kahlenberg, M.D., Ph.D. — “When Inflammation Hides in Plain Sight”
- Sonya Wolf-Fortune, Ph.D. — “Keratinocyte-Macrophage Inflammation Axis in Diabetic Wounds”
- Bethany Moore, Ph.D. — “Immunopathogenesis and Immunity in the Lung”
Panel Discussion and Q&A: “Inflammation: Friend or Foe?”
Moderator: Steven L. Kunkel, Ph.D.
Panelists: Steven Holland, M.D., Nicholas W. Lukacs, Ph.D., Maria Castro, Ph.D., and Weiping Zou, M.D., Ph.D.
Poster Introductions and Closing Remarks
Poster Presentations (Author/Presenter and Poster #):
- Erez Cohen, Ph.D. (12) — “Significance of Stress Keratin Expression in Normal and Diseased Epithelia”
- Pierre Coulombe, Ph.D. (13) — “Spatiotemporal Interplay between Epidermal Keratinocytes and Neutrophils in Inflamed Skin” (to be presented by Yang Xu)
- Gabrielle Entrup (6) — “Obesity Inhibits Innate Immune Responses to Pseudomonas aeruginosa Pneumonia”
- Madilyn Gaydos (20) — “Investigating Neutrophil Extracellular Traps’ Influence on Breast Cancer Metastasis and Potential as a Therapeutic Target”
- Mehrnaz Gharaee-Kermani, DVM, MPH, Ph.D. (11) — “Single-Cell RNA Sequencing Reveals Keratinocytes and Fibroblasts Drive Hippo and TGFb Dysregulation, Inflammation and Fibrosis in Epidermal Overexpression of VGLL3 in Cutaneous Lupus”
- Roman Giger, Ph.D. (18) — “Immune Mechanisms of Central Nervous System Regeneration”
- Mahnoor Gondal (23) — “Decoding the Cell-type Specific Regulatory Mechanisms of MHC Expression across Healthy Tissues and Cancers”
- Hannah Guak, Ph.D. (17) — “Investigating the Role of the Inhibitory Receptor BTLA in Inflammation and Insulin Resistance”
- Ramiah Jacks, Ph.D. (21) — “Short-term High Fat Diet Induces Proliferation of Memory Adipose Tissue T Cells”
- Alexander Knights, Ph.D. (8) — “Stromal-immune Crosstalk via CSF Signaling Orchestrates Synovial Macrophage Speciation in Post-traumatic Osteoarthritis
- Lindsey Lammlin (16) — “Thrombospondin-2 Serves a Time-dependent Role in Mediating Nociceptive Behavior, Structural Remodeling, and the Synovial Transcriptome in Post-traumatic Osteoarthritis”
- Mitra Maz (3) — “Single-Cell RNA Sequencing Reveals Cellular Drivers of UV-mediated Skin Injury in Cutaneous Lupus”
- Ziyi Meng (22) — “Myeloid-specific Inactivation of Basp1 Protects Mice from Diet-induced NASH through Attenuating NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation”
- Jadie Moon (10) — “IL-17A-mediated JMJD3 Regulation of Pro-inflammatory Chemokine Gene Expression in Diabetic Keratinocytes Impairs Wound Repair”
- Oscar Moreno (5) — “Salutary effects of mTOR inhibition on Deep Veins In Vivo: Results from the Sirolimus Trial with Drug-Eluting Balloon (STRIDE)”
- Carole Parent, Ph.D. (14) — “Leukotriene B4: A Powerful Signal Mediating Neutrophil Activation and Migration” (to be presented by Subhash Arya)
- Ashley Pearson (1) — “Liver Metastasis Licenses Neutrophils to Potentiate Cancer Progression”
- Nadia Saadat, Ph.D. (7) — “Integrative Approach to Investigate Inflammation in Pregnant Black Women”
- Michael Saunders (2) — “Inducing Immunological Desensitization in Food Allergy Using Biodegradable Nanoparticles to Reprogram Pathogenic T Cells and Effector Populations”
- Kelsey Stark (15) — “Differences in the Physical Housing Environment Can Alter the Gastrointestinal Microbiome and Alter Type 2 Inflammatory Responses in a Murine Model of Food Allergy”
- Priyanka Verma, Ph.D. (9) — “Pharmacological Inhibition of Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid Cells 1 (TREM1) Signaling Mitigates Experimental Multiple Organ Fibrosis”
- Priyan Weerappuli, Ph.D. (19) — “DNA-Histone Mesostructures and Neutrophil Extracellular Traps: A Reductionist Biomaterials Approach to Deconvoluting the Complexities of Inflammation”
- Vincent Young, M.D., Ph.D. (4) — “The Microbiome: Relationship To Inflammation”
Reception and Poster Presentations (light refreshments will be served)