Child Care Subsidy

This program provides funds to help students pay for licensed day care for their children.

To be eligible for the child care subsidy, a student must meet all of these criteria:

  • Be enrolled at least half-time in a University of Michigan-Ann Arbor degree program at either the undergraduate, graduate or professional level, or be enrolled in a non-degree program with a defined educational objective.
  • Be the parent of a child 12 years old or younger, or a child with special needs under the age of 19.
  • Incur child care expenses from services provided by a licensed provider. Note: You may apply for the subsidy even if you’re not using a licensed provider right now. If you receive a subsidy, you must be willing to change to a licensed provider within 30 days of the beginning of the term for which you receive the subsidy.
  • Demonstrate financial need for this subsidy.
  • Be making satisfactory academic progress, as defined by the University of Michigan.
  • Use child care services because you are single, or if married, because your spouse is either a student or employed outside the home for at least 20 hours per week. You may be asked to document your spouse’s employment or student status.

For more information on this program, visit the University of Michigan Office of Financial Aid website.