Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
This federal form is used to determine the amount you and/or your family should be able to contribute toward the cost of your education. Apply online.
- The U-M Medical School’s federal school code is E00398.
U-M Medical School Financial Aid Application
This form will be available in your Wolverine Access account. There is a separate application for Entering Students, who will need to include parental information to be considered for all types of aid. The application for continuing students will only ask for parental information if the student is interested in a health profession loan.
Documents You May Need While Applying
FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS)
You’ll receive this form from the federal government electronically. Review this form thoroughly. If any of the information is incorrect, submit your corrections online.
If you’re selected for verification, you must provide documentation to prove the accuracy of certain items reported on the FAFSA. The Financial Aid Office will contact you if the following forms are required.
Documents may include but are not limited to:
- Independent (Student) Verification Worksheet: To collect student information.
- Dependent (Parent) Verification Worksheet: To collect parent information.
- Federal income tax transcripts.
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefit receipt verification.
- Verification of child support paid.
If you don’t submit the documents by the specified deadline, your application may be late and this can jeopardize your eligibility for some financial aid programs.
If you’re applying for private educational loans, you’ll have other applications to fill out. These do not have to be submitted by the Medical School application deadline.
Links to Frequently Used Forms
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- U-M Medical School Financial Aid Application
- Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan Request Form
- Residency Interviewing Loan
- Special Needs Program Application
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
- Independent Student Verification Worksheet