Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
This federal form is used to determine the amount you and/or your family should be able to contribute toward the cost of your education. Apply online.
- The U-M Medical School’s federal school code is E00398.
- Parental information must be included on the FAFSA for any financial aid options available through the U-M Medical School. Please disregard the form instructions that say you don’t have to provide parental information if you’re a graduate or professional student.
- Parental information is not needed if you are applying only for the William D. Ford Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan and/or the Grad PLUS Loan. Read more about these loans.
The 2020-21 FAFSA on the Web Worksheet can be found here.
U-M Medical School Financial Aid Application
Paper applications are available by contacting the Financial Aid office.
Documents You May Need While Applying
Alien Registration Card
Eligible non-citizens only: A copy of both sides of the I-551 or I-151 alien registration card or other valid documents that verify your eligibility as a non-citizen must be submitted to our office before financial aid can be awarded.
Student Aid Report (SAR)
You’ll receive this form from the federal government electronically. Review this form thoroughly. If any of the information is incorrect, submit your corrections online.
If you’re selected for verification, you must provide documentation to prove the accuracy of certain items reported on the FAFSA. You’ll receive an email listing the information that must be submitted.
Documents may include but are not limited to:
- Independent (Student) Verification Worksheet: To collect student information.
- Dependent (Parent) Verification Worksheet: To collect parent information.
- Federal income tax transcripts.
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefit receipt verification.
- Verification of child support paid.
If you don’t submit the documents by the specified deadline, your application may be late and this can jeopardize your eligibility for some financial aid programs.
If you’re applying for private educational loans, you’ll have other applications to fill out. These do not have to be submitted by the Medical School application deadline.
Links to Frequently Used Forms
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- U-M Medical School Financial Aid Application
- 2019-20 FAFSA Web Worksheet
- 2020-21 Parent Verification Worksheet
- 2020-21 Student Verification Worksheet
- 2020-21 Parent Asset Questionnaire
- 2018-19 Proof of Citizenship Form
- FAFSA Received With Estimated Parent Information
- FAFSA Received With Estimated Student Information
- Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan Request Form
- Residency Interviewing Loan
- Request for Non-Filing Statement
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
- Special Needs Program Application
- Tax Transcript Information