Financial Wellness Seminars
While you’re at U-M Medical School, you’re also invited to attend free seminars throughout the year on Financial Wellness.
We cover such topics as:
- How to prepare your taxes.
- How to manage medical school debt.
- How to understand your credit report.
- How to get started with investing and building your future savings.
If you can’t attend a seminar, watch for a video of it on this page. Let us know what topics you’re interested in for future sessions!
The Financial Aid Office recently hosted Chad Whipple, Certified Financial Planner for a Financial Wellness event. During this session, Mr. Whipple discussed financial planning and the basics for medical professionals. Topics covered included student loans and the different repayment options, budgeting rules of thumb, guide to buying your first home, and the building blocks of investing and retirement planning. The aim of this session was to help medical students feel more prepared for life after graduation.
Financial Wellness Seminar Archive
AAMC Financial Tools
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) also offers online advice and information on financial topics unique to medical students.
Some of these include:
- Education Debt Manager for Matriculating and Graduating Medical School Students
- Managing Your Finances During Medical School
- Medloans Organizer and Calculator: Gives detailed repayment scenarios based on individual information.
- What you need to know about paying for medical school before you apply.
- AAMCNews "7 ways to reduce medical school debt"
Other U-M Financial Resources
The central University of Michigan Financial Aid Office provides general information for students about the basics of paying for college, including planning tools and calculators.