Financial Wellness Seminars
While you’re at U-M Medical School, you’re also invited to attend free seminars throughout the year on Financial Wellness.
We cover such topics as:
- How to prepare your taxes.
- How to manage medical school debt.
- How to understand your credit report.
- How to get started with investing and building your future savings.
If you can’t attend a seminar, watch for a video of it on this page. Let us know what topics you’re interested in for future sessions!
Financial Wellness Seminar Archive
2016 - 17 Handouts
- Financial Planning for Medical Residents
- Michigan Homestead Property Tax Credit
- Student Loan and Repayment Strategies
- Education Debt Manager for Graduating Medical School Students 2017
AAMC Financial Tools
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) also offers online advice and information on financial topics unique to medical students.
Some of these include:
- Videos about the economics of becoming a doctor.
- Medloans Organizer and Calculator: Gives detailed repayment scenarios based on individual information.
- Financial Aid Fact Sheet Library
- Financial Aid Toolkit for Applicants: Covers what you need to know about paying for medical school before you apply.
Other U-M Financial Resources
The central University of Michigan Financial Aid Office provides general information for students about the basics of paying for college, including planning tools and calculators.