24 Hours in Blue is a chance to see into your future as a medical student at the University of Michigan Medical School. You'll get to know us better through a series of events that are designed to help us get to know you beyond your file.
Here's how to prepare:
Four Weeks Prior
Please be sure to view the checklist on your applicant portal before your interview and complete the necessary tasks:
- Finalize your Secondary Application (if not already completed).
- Submit a Michigan Interview Confirmation (MIC), which includes two short essay questions and may take up to 30 minutes.
- Complete and upload your HIPAA certification. Please note: you should leave the UMID section blank.
- Upload a “head shot” photo.
Three Weeks Prior
- If interested, respond to an email from Admissions about staying with a student host on the Thursday night before your interview.
- Respond to an email regarding the Thursday evening Ann Arbor walk and informal dinner with current students and fellow candidates.
Two Weeks Prior
- Reply to an email from your Interview Day Ambassadors if you have any remaining questions.
- Look for an email from Admissions about your hosting assignment if you requested one.
- Review emails from your selected student organizations.
One Week Prior
- Look for an email from Director Teener with final reminders and information about your interview day the following week.
To make the most of your 24 Hours in Blue, we also encourage you to:
- Review details in your application file.
- Keep current with health care and medical news, specifically as they relate to ethical and social issues.
- Ask your Interview Day Ambassador anything you want to know before you arrive.
- Follow our current students on Instagram to learn more about what they're involved in on campus.
- Hear from the Assistant Dean for Admissions about what to expect.
- Engage with new and interesting people — it’s one of the most important parts of 24 Hours in Blue.
- Above all, be yourself!
We hope you'll be able to plan on being in Michigan for at least 24 hours — from 5 p.m. on the day you arrive to 5 p.m. the following day. You will be sharing your 24 Hours in Blue with between 24 and 36 other candidates, but rest assured that our Admissions team will help you make the most of your time with us.
For more details about what will happen during your 24 Hours in Blue, check out these Frequently Asked Questions.
The information on this site pertains to MD candidates. If you are an MSTP candidate, you'll be contacted by that office with full details.