If you're driving, be sure to use our mobile walking map or print and bring this map to guide you from the P2 Parking Structure to the Admissions Office. It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk through University Hospital to the Medical School.
For help in planning your visit, check out the options below that best describe you. Safe travels!
Interested in Staying with a Med Student?
You may request a student host for the Thursday night before your interview day. Consider requesting a student who is in an organization that interests you. We will contact you with details on how to sign up for a student host three weeks prior to your interview day.
Staying at a Hotel?
Ann Arbor hotels fill up quickly on home football game weekends, so make your reservations for your Interview Day stay ASAP. (Check this year's football schedule.)
U-M rates and shuttle service are available here:
- Hampton Inn North: 734-996-4444
- Hawthorn Suites: 734-327-0011
- Holiday Inn: 734-769-9800
- Microtel Inn and Suites: 734-997-9100
Within walking distance of the Health System/downtown:
- Bell Tower Hotel: 734-769-3010 or 800-562-3559
- Graduate Ann Arbor: 734-769-2200 or 800-666-8693
- Inn at the Michigan League: 734-764-3177
- Marriott Residence Inn Downtown: 734-662-9999
Not feeling the hotel vibe? Check out local residential listings in Ann Arbor:
Flying to Michigan?
Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) is the closest airport — about 30 miles outside of Ann Arbor — so plan on an additional 30-40 minutes travel time to get here.
A few transportation options from DTW:
- Ann Arbor Airport Shuttle: 734-699-8500
- Arrange to be dropped off and picked up in the circle drive in front of the Admissions Office — 1301 Catherine St., Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- AirRide: 734-707-7247 is the least expensive shuttle option:
- Blake Transit Center (downtown Ann Arbor) — 328 S. Fifth Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. You can take the Ann Arbor bus system from the Transit Center.
- Blue Cab: 734-547-2222 (ave. $70 each way)
- Uber, Lyft and Zipcar are also available in the Ann Arbor area; rates vary.
Driving to Ann Arbor?
Arrive at the University Hospital (check for construction alerts) and park in "P2" (adjacent to the Taubman Center #5).
We will give you a parking voucher before you leave your interview.