24 Hours in Blue is a chance to see into your future as a medical student at the University of Michigan Medical School. You'll get to know us better through a series of events that are designed to help us get to know you beyond your file.
Before Your Interview
Please be sure to view the checklist on your applicant portal and complete the below tasks no later than four weeks prior to your Interview Day:
- Finalize your Secondary Application (if not already completed).
- Submit a Michigan Interview Confirmation (MIC), which includes a short essay question and may take up to 30 minutes.
- Complete and upload your HIPAA certification.
- Upload a “head shot” photo.
Three weeks before your Interview Day, we'll contact you with details on how to sign up to stay with a student host on the Thursday night before your interview.
As always, check your portal for more information!
To make the most of your 24 Hours in Blue, we also encourage you to:
- Review details in your application file.
- Keep current with health care and medical news, specifically as they relate to ethical and social issues.
- Ask your Admissions Ambassador anything you want before you arrive.
- Hear from the Assistant Dean for Admissions about what to expect.
- Plan to arrive in time on Thursday evening to take part in a walk around Ann Arbor and an informal dinner with current students and fellow candidates.
- Engage with new and interesting people — it’s one of the most important parts of 24 Hours in Blue.
- Above all, be yourself!
We hope you'll be able to plan on being in Michigan for at least 24 hours — from 5 p.m. on the day you arrive to 5 p.m. the following day. You will be sharing your 24 Hours in Blue with about 36 other candidates, but rest assured that our Admissions team will help you make the most of your time with us.
For more details about what will happen during your 24 Hours in Blue, check out these Frequently Asked Questions.
The information on this site pertains to MD candidates. If you are an MSTP candidate, you'll be contacted by that office with full details.