The University of Michigan Medical School partners with Rackham Graduate School to offer 14 Ph.D. granting programs that are consistently ranked as some of the top doctoral programs by U.S. News & World Report.
Admissions and first-year graduate studies are coordinated through the Program in Biomedical Sciences (PIBS). Before deciding on a training program and faculty mentor, entering students rotate among our 500+ active research mentors in any of our 14 programs:
- Biological Chemistry
- Cancer Biology
- Cell & Developmental Biology
- Cellular & Molecular Biology
- Human Genetics
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology*
- Molecular & Cellular Pathology
- Molecular & Integrative Physiology
*In addition to admission through PIBS, these programs offer direct admission.