Apply to Postdoc Preview!
As one of the world’s largest research institutions, the University of Michigan Medical School offers and supports a wide variety of postdoctoral opportunities. We invite you to explore the many options available to you, from mentors and fields of research to networking and career choices.
8 reasons our postdoctoral fellows choose Michigan
- World-class researchers. Work with mentors in all of the Medical School’s basic science and clinical departments.
- Highly funded. Our Medical School ranks #12 in NIH funding, which creates many options for you.
- Collaborative environment. Scientists reach out and support each other, inside labs and across departments.
- Dedicated training. As an automatic member of the UMPDA, courtesy of the University of Michigan, you gain access to many events, seminars, workshops and resources from the National Postdoctoral Association for your career development.
- Active postdoctoral community. The UMPDA also sponsors many fun and family friendly social activities for all postdoctoral fellows throughout the year.
- Diverse research community. Approximately half of our postdoctoral fellows are from countries outside of the U.S.
- Teaching and mentoring opportunities. Many postdoctoral fellows mentor graduate and undergraduate students and have support in developing these skills.
- Ann Arbor. Our town is a welcoming and sophisticated gem in the heart of the American Midwest that consistently ranks at the top of many lists.