Applications will open Wednesday, March 1st, 2017. Join our mailing list for additional information and a reminder to apply.
Applicants must expect to complete their thesis research by December 2017 and be U.S. citizens or permanent residents or be currently enrolled in a U.S. graduate institution. Applicants will be required to provide a current CV, including a list of publications, a statement of research interests, a letter of recommendation from their current mentor, and the names of three to four U-M faculty mentors with whom the applicant would like to interview.
- Biological Chemistry
- Cancer Biology
- Cell & Developmental Biology
- Human Genetics
- Molecular Pathology
- Molecular Physiology
- Arrival: Guests arrive at any time on June 15th, 2017 prior to 3:00 p.m.
- 4:00-4:30 p.m.: Tour of campus facilities.
- 6:00 p.m.: Dinner at the home of Dr. Michele Swanson, faculty director of the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- 8:00-11:45 a.m.: Interviews with faculty. Participants will be able to meet one-on-one with faculty and interview for postdoctoral positions.
- 12:00-1:15 p.m.: Lunch. Learn about the benefits and resources available to Medical School postdoctoral research fellows.
- 1:30 p.m.-on: Interviews with faculty. Participants will be able to meet one-on-one with faculty and interview for postdoctoral positions.
- Evening: Depart campus. Ground transportation is arranged from hotel to Detroit Metro Airport (DTW).
Is Preview really fully funded?
Yes. If you are selected to attend, all domestic airfare, transportation, lodging, and meals are included.
Is an invitation to Preview an offer to work at the University of Michigan as a postdoctoral scholar?
No. Preview is a two-day campus visitation during which you will interview with prospective mentors and network with current postdocs.
When will applications be evaluated?
A faculty committee will review applications beginning April 13, 2017. Application decisions will be sent out on April 17 via email. At that time, selected applicants will be invited to contact faculty directly to inquire about funding for postdocs and request interviews for Friday, June 16, 2017.
What does Ann Arbor have to offer?
On the banks of the Huron River, Ann Arbor is a midwestern cultural mecca, offering a unique blend of city sophistication and small town charm that appeals to students and professionals, singles and families. Ann Arbor is both ethnically diverse and culturally rich and is consistently voted one of the best places to live in the United States. Read more about Ann Arbor!
I have more questions. Who can I talk to?
You can contact the Office of Postdoctoral Studies staff at (734) 647-7005 or via email at email@example.com. Our team will be happy to answer questions.