Where did your patient have their radiology imaging done?
- If the answer is any of the below listed sites you can request that the imaging be sent electronically.
- Patient must first have a UM Medical Record Number. Create one if the patient is new to our system.
- Requisition must be created and associated with a MiChart order. Fax printed order to UM radiology customer service center at: 734-936-8280.
MiChart "Outside Image Archive Only” orders generate NO cost/bill to the patient.
MiChart “Outside Image Interpret and Archive” orders will generate an interpretation by expert sub-specialty radiologists upon completion of the MiChart order. Stat reads can be accommodated when clinically indicated. “Outside Image Interpret and Archive” will generate a cost to the patient’s insurance.
Call the non-UMHS hospital’s radiology file room, listed below, to have images electronically uploaded to the University of Michigan.
Non-UMHS hospitals may require Patient Name, DOB, study dates before transferring images to UMHS.
Questions? Call the University of Michigan Radiology Customer Service Center: 734-936-4516
Alpena Regional Medical Center
Hurley Medical Center
Marquette General Hospital
McLaren Northern Michigan
Monroe Mercy Memorial
Lakeland Regional Hospital
Muskegon Mercy Health
Monday - Friday: 6:30 am to 8:30 pm
Sat, Sun and Holidays: 7:45 am - 5:15 pm
Fax (please send reports): 231-672-6716
After Hours Help:
Mercy Campus CT
ProMedica Health System
(Bay Park, Bixby, Defiance, Flower, Fostoria, Herrick, St. Luke's, Toledo Hospitals)
Regional Medical Imaging (RMI)
Saint Mary Mercy Grand Rapids
Phone: 616-685-6214 option 3
Requesting Exams from Outside Hospitals via lifeIMAGE:
Exams can be requested from the medical centers below to be electronically sent via lifeIMAGE either by fax or phone. For lifeIMAGE training, please contact Jim Good at phone number 734-936-1423.
Henry Ford - Allegiance Health
After hours: 517-205-5456
Beaumont Health System
Beaumont Royal Oak: Fax 248-551-0374 or phone 248-551-3400
Beaumont Troy Imaging Center: Fax 248-964-8640 or phone 248-964-8603
To request images call 269-226-4832, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm M-F.
After hours is 269-226-6708. Fax number is 269-226-7766
Bronson Radiology: Fax 269-341-6250 or phone 269-341-6381 and phone 269-341-8461 (All Radiology requests will be processed next business day unless stated STAT/Emergent)
Bronson Cardiovascular Services (Adult Echo): Fax 269-341-6291 or phone 269-341-6161
Bronson Advanced Cardiac (Adult Echo): Fax 269-373-6270 or phone 269-373-1222
Bronson Pediatric Cardiology: Fax 269-341-8984 or phone 269-341-7976
Covenant Healthcare Radiology: Fax 989-583-7029 or phone 989-583-6272
Covenant Healthcare Cardiology: Fax 989-583-7151 or phone 989-583-7150
Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Main Imaging Center: Fax 313-916-7760 or phone 313-916-1316
McLaren Health Care Group
(Bay Regional, Lansing, Lapeer)
McLaren-Bay Regional: Call 989-894-3080
McLaren-Lansing: Call 517-975-6382, option 4
McLaren-Lapeer: Call 810-667-5744 to request images
Mid Michigan Hospital
(Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Midland)
Beginning immediately, requests for VPN transfers of images should be routed to HIM during normal business hours:
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. — 989-839-3319 selection 2 or fax 989-488-5893
After hours, weekends, and holidays can be requested through the main CT department at 989-839-3442
(Charlevoix, Kalkaska, Cadillac, Grayling, Munson, Northwest Surgery Center, Ostego, Paul Oliver Memorial, Smith Family Breast Health Center, West Shore Medical Center)
Charlevoix Area Hospital
Kalkaska Memorial Health Center
Mercy Hospital Cadillac
Mercy Hospital Grayling
Munson Community Health Center
Munson Medical Center
Northwest Michigan Surgery Center
Otsego Memorial Hospital
Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital
Smith Family Breast Health Center
West Shore Medical Center
Phone: 231-935-6400 option 3
Oakwood Imaging Center: Fax 313-436-2295 or phone 313-593-7281
Oakwood Cardiology: Fax 313-593-8822 or phone 313-593-7975
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
(Ann Arbor, Brighton, Canton, Livingston, Saline, Chelsea, Livonia)
St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor
St. Joseph Mercy Brighton
St. Joseph Mercy Canton
St. Joseph Mercy Livingston
St. Joseph Mercy Saline
Chelsea Community Hospital
St. Mary Mercy Livonia
Phone (M-F, 7a-4p): 734-712-3085
After hours/weekends: 734-712-7237
Spectrum Health System
Spectrum Health Cardiology Imaging Center: Fax 616-391-2299 or phone 616-391-1852
Spectrum Health Radiology Imaging Center: Fax 616-774-7940 or phone 616-391-1812
In an effort to improve the process for importing outside images, Ambulatory Care has purchased a product from LifeIMAGE (www.lifeimage.com) to be implemented institution wide.
- LifeIMAGE LILA allows clinics to upload their own CDs and “nominate” them to Radiology to be uploaded into the PACS. The advantages of using LifeIMAGE are users no longer have to make a trip to Radiology to drop their CDs to be uploaded and the clinicians will be able to view these exams right away in LifeIMAGE before they are uploaded to the WebPACS.
- LifeIMAGE Referral Box/permanent connections allow outside institutions to electronically send outside imaging exams to UMHS to be reviewed by clinicians and imported into the patient’s medical records.
- LifeIMAGE One-Time-Use Credentials Feature allows patients and outside institutions to upload their imaging exams and send them electronically to UMHS to be reviewed by clinicians and imported into the patient’s medical records.