- For our clinic information, specialty clinics, procedure information and more, please visit the Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes section on UofMHealth.org. We have several multidisciplinary programs that offer specific, endocrine-related services, such as:
- A Hospital Intensive Insulin Program (HIIP) designed to manage diabetic/hyperglycemic inpatients
- An Endocrine Oncology Program specializing in thyroid and adrenal neoplasms (abnormal mass of tissue)
- Management of diabetes or thyroid disease during pregnancy
- Evaluation and treatment of pituitary tumors
- An Osteoporosis Clinic for the evaluation and treatment of patients with osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases
- An outpatient endocrine testing unit for the performance of endocrine and metabolic stimulation, suppression, and tolerance testing
- A Weight Management & Obesity Program that identifies long-term weight management strategies for obese individuals, utilizing the latest research and clinical strategies
- A comprehensive Outpatient Diabetes Education Program
- A Podiatry Clinic that offers foot care for adults and specializes in treating and caring for the diabetic foot including, but not limited to, diabetic wounds/ulcers, diabetic foot infections, plantar fasciitis, bunions, and ingrown nails
- A Comprehensive Wound Care Clinic that manages and cares for a variety of wounds including ulcers, non-healing surgical wounds, and malignant wounds
- A Post-Bariatric Surgery Clinic that offers a comprehensive and personalized weight loss surgery program designed to help patients reach their goals
- A multidisciplinary Diabetes Transition Program that supports pediatric patients successfully transition to adult care
- Michigan Medicine Patient and Visitor Guide
Why Choose Us?
We offer a wide range of general and specialized endocrine clinics. Patients are assigned specific faculty based on clinical diagnosis and physician expertise. We have a large number of faculty with expertise in the cutting-edge management of patients with diabetes mellitus (DM), who see patients in our general endocrine clinics. In addition, there are several highly specialized clinics for patients with more uncommon DM needs.