Welcome to the University of Michigan Mary H. Weiser Food Allergy Center (MHWFAC). Our team of board-certified doctors, nurses and staff deliver the best quality care and clinical services available for food allergy patients and their families. These include:
- Medical evaluation, testing and diagnosis, and expert care from doctors who are board-certified in pediatrics/internal medicine, and have completed specialized fellowships in allergy and immunology.
- State-of-the-art clinic and facilities, including C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, with specially designed exam rooms and testing suites to ensure patient safety and comfort.
- Development of individual care plans to meet each food allergy patient’s needs, including Food Allergy Action Plans (FAAP) and customized school health forms.
- Expert treatment of related conditions, such as eczema, asthma, hay fever, eosinophilic disorders and Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome (FPIES).
- Multidisciplinary eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) clinic in conjunction with the U-M pediatric gastroenterology department.
- Coordinated care with pediatricians, referring doctors and/or other specialists.
- Assistance with school planning and accommodations from a specialized food allergy nurse.
- Nutritional guidance available from a registered dietictian.
- Individual and family counseling available from a licensed social worker.
- Printed and online health education materials for managing food allergy, plus one-on-one support from a specialized food allergy nurse.
- Free food allergy education and training sessions for families, caregivers and community organizations.
The MHWFAC’s comprehensive family-centered approach to clinical care benefits both the patients and their families and loved ones alike.